8.11.2008

Just Another Income Stream

So, unless you're new to my blog, you have probably asked yourself after reading a post, "Why is Andrew's life so incredible and mine so humdrum?" I do not know the answer to this (nor to many other questions). but I do know that you are probably right to be jealous.

Feast your eyes on the contents of an email from earlier today. If you were me, this sort of thing would not even be exciting anymore because things like this are what make my life what it is. That is where my fortune came from in fact. My comments are in red. Behold:

Dear E-mail Owner (personalized introduction),

You are a winner of the UK National lottery online program that was held on the 9th August, 2008 (I won without even entering!). You have been approved to claim a sum £500,000.00 of (Five Hundred Thousand Great BritishPounds) (yes, "great britishpounds") of cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.To file for your claims you are to contact our claims agent (random extra spaces, missing spaces and grammatical errors):

Mr. Claire Kingston (gender-confused contact who has not stolen any prize money to buy her/himself a telephone)
Email: mrs.claire.kingston@gmail.com

Provide her with the following information to claim your prize. Full Name: Address: Phone Number: Country of residence: Sex: Age: Amount Won:

Yours faithfully,
Gibson Witterford (whose email is "maryanndaniels@adelphia.net
")
Online Co-ordinator
U.K NATIONAL LOTTERY (an organisation I've never heard of from a country I've never been to)
So if anyone is in a financial bind, you know who to talk to. Don't worry... I've got your back.

3 Comments:

Camille Huber said...

Andrew! Please tell me you responded to this email. Though they may want a blood sample, custody of your firstborn, and perhaps your bank account number...that's 500,000 britishpounds we're talking about here. Think of the possibilities!



Bray said...

Wow, how lucky to secure such a windfall just as you are getting married, some people get all the luck!!
This was one of the funniest posts I have read! Thanks for the laugh and congratulations on getting married. We are so happy for you.
Gale



brittney perry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.