3.02.2010

Google Voice transcriptions

I love Google Voice. One of my absolute favorite features is its ability to analyze the audio of a voicemail, and send it to you in an email. The service is still in beta-testing, which means it is still imperfect. This fact makes for some really great voicemails: Like the time Janelle said, "[...] um, and heading straight back over to school" but google sent it to me as "Yeah on. Hi Mr. Dot Com. That's cool."

The best one may have been what I got yesterday: "Call Koran corporate shallow be cautious. Your Hey there. Hey, Yeah and hey book. Hey, but hey, but hey, yeah, hi doesn't but yeah hey so."

The recorded message lasted two minutes and fourteen seconds. It involved no warning to be cautious, nothing about "Koran corporate", and no rambling greeting. This is why I love Google Voice, for constantly making my life sound so much more interesting that it actually is.

3 Comments:

brooklyn said...

Oh I get some good laughs with google voice. For some reason the word "sexy" always shows up in the transcriptions somewhere. I doubt that last time mom called me she said "sexy" in her message.



Jerilyn said...

I love it. Its like the new MadLibs. I am tempted to leave a voice message in "google-voice-speak" and see how it likes a taste of its own medicine. Maybe it will transcribe a perfectly coherent message.



Janelle said...

seriously, this is hilarious. it almost doesn't matter what the real message said.

see ya later, Mr. Dot Com.