10.14.2009

I Need Feedback (and a new watch)

Hey There Everyone,

So I need to buy a new watch so I have a way to measure heart rates (you know, with a second hand and all). After some deliberation, I have mostly settled on the Timex Classic due to its simplicity, reliability, and inexpensiveness. At first I thought I should get a gold-tone one because it seemed like a funny idea (like I should wear it with a corduroy blazer, helicopter glasses, and a mustache). Then I thought maybe I should be more conservative with a silver-tone version.

So now it is up to you, my trusted friends, family, and stalkers to help me weigh this issue. Would it be as funny as I imagine to get a gold-tone timex, or would the funny wear off right away, leaving me stuck with a watch I don't like? Or is there a third option I should follow? Please comment below.


9 Comments:

bethany jane. said...

dang... that's a toughy. i love the gold, but i love the silver. i don't know... heck, go for the gold. you're basically a doctor. you deserve it.



Wm Krohn said...

I am a fan of analog watches. I had a digital watch growing up from the age of like 4 until about 18. Then I switched to analog and my whole perception of time drastically changed with the switch. Time suddenly became a continuous, flowing entity full of proportions, relationships, and beauty. It was one of the more significant transformations of my life. I'll never go back.

But if it's just a matter of color, I'd go with silver.



Victoria said...

We think you should get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=skeleton+watch&x=14&y=16

Because, they're awesome.

But if you just need a color choice, silver.



brooklyn said...

my vote is gold.



reneeebony said...

gold for sure. that way every time you look at it during your intense med school moments you'll be reminded of how cooky you can be.



Andrew said...

Well thanks everyone! I appreciated all the input and have decided to honor the 2010 Vancouver Olympics by going for the gold. Don't worry, I'll post pictures.



Brittany Anne said...

i vote gold too- but apparently you already made the decision. i can't wait to see it on your wrist.



JJ Olsen said...

I know I'm late in chiming in, but a watch that doesn't display the time in binary format isn't really a watch at all.



Laurel said...

nice watch...enjoy!