11.06.2009

A Great Start

Last night I took my first one-on-one medical history in a simulated clinic setting. There was an actor portraying a patient with whom I interacted as though I were the doctor. I wanted to do a great job because it was my very first time in this role, but the first thing I did was knock the clock off the wall by closing the door too forcefully, leaving a pile of broken glass on the exam room floor and a no-longer-functional clock on the counter for housekeeping to replace.

I'm not a doctor yet, but I'm off to a great start.

6 Comments:

bethany jane. said...

I love you so much! You need to watch The Disorderly Orderly I think. I'm proud of you! I'm sure the rest of it went well. Wow... you're really in med school... it kind of hasn't sunk in for me yet. Good work!
Miss you and love you!



Jerilyn said...

ahahaha..oh ahem...sorry, I wasn't laughing at you, its just something funny on TV. Keep up the good work though!



Brittany Anne said...

That is the best story I've ever heard. Hahaha... Was your patient laughing so hard!? Wow. I hope the rest went well.
Xoxo.



Tiffany Brown Olsen said...

Just like a doctor - walk in, break things and let someone else clean up the mess.

tehe.



Laurel said...

It was a trick exam. You were really supposed to diagnose the clock! Oh well hope you do better on the next round.



Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.